Many of us use the internet almost every day. We use the internet to gather information, to communicate, to complete various tasks, to be entertained, to share files, to socialize, for education, to buy or sell items, to learn, to stay updated with what’s happening and many other reasons. Every time we use or browse the internet, we go to websites. Websites are the pages where we go or do specifically the things we want over the web. Websites such as facebook.com, google.com, youtube.com, ebay.com, amazon.com, wikipedia.org are only a few of the websites we commonly visit when we browse the internet, but have you ever considered how these websites were created?
Web Development is the process of creating a website and putting it up on the web. The process is tricky and complicated, but there are professionals who can do the job easily, and they are called the Web Developers. Under the process of web development, there is a process that is known as Web Design. Web Design basically concerns the design of the website as a whole. What you immediately see on a website when you visit one is done as part of the web designing. It can truly pay to have a website that has been well designed because it will be more intuitive and, therefore, easier for visitors to use.
There are two ways to do a web design: a Custom Web Design and using Website Templates. With Custom Web Design, many people think that just because it is a custom job that this design approach will be expensive because of the need to hire web designer and things like that rather than using a free website template or purchasing a cheap one.
Here are few of the main benefits of Custom Web Design:
- Your website will have a unique design.
- You can personalized and have a web design that will fit the business.
- The website will be search engine friendly which is very important as this is responsible for bringing visitors to your website.
- The website will be more adaptable to your company’s needs.
- Your website could have a good “scalability.”
Benefits of using Website Templates:
- Get inspiration on colors, layouts and features.
- Very low budget.
- Shorter development time when you need to get up and running as soon as possible.
Disadvantages of using Website Templates:
- There might be lots of people using the same template you are using.
- You will be limited to using only the website templates available.
- Your website will be less search engine friendly.
When you are deciding on which is better, custom web design or website template, it is better to consider what will be more beneficial. If it is for your business, it is always better to keep in mind that you want your business to stand out among others. With Custom Web Design, you might be spending more initially, but it can be a great investment in the future success of your business. If you just want to give it a try and you do not want to spend much money to have your own website, you could give Website Templates a try.
In general, to have a good working website up on the web will cost you some amount of money, whether you go with an upgraded template or a custom design. Tailoring your website to your business is truly a great investment that will benefit your business in the long run.